- Patents | Patent Oppositions & Appeals
- Aeronautical & Aerospace | CleanTech | Electrical Engineering | IT & Software | Media & Entertainment | Microfluidics | Physics
- T +44 (0)20 7539 4200
Practice and professional experience
Alexander counsels start-ups, SMEs and multinational corporate clients on all aspects of the patent life cycle. He handles patent drafting, patent prosecution and oppositions at first instance and on appeal, invention capture, setting up patent strategies, coordinating worldwide patent portfolios and due diligence. Alexander is fluent in German and French, enabling him to seamlessly service his clients with sites in continental Europe.
Technical fields include life science instrumentation and diagnostic devices; medical physics and bio-engineering; smart meters and other clean technologies; computer operating systems and object oriented programming; computer storage devices and wireless communications; delivery of multimedia entertainment services; control and design of electrical machines.
Alexander has received the following industry recognition:
- IAM Patent 1000, 2016 notes Alexander is cherished for his ‘in-depth understanding of clients’ portfolios and true technical expertise’.
- Clients describe Alexander as 'exceptional attorney who we trust to handle our IP matters' (Chambers and Partners, 2014).
- Chambers and Partners, 2013, recognise Alexander as a top-ranked attorney who counsels clients 'on the full range of contentious and non-contentious patent issues' and is 'particularly well versed in electromagnetics, drive systems, medical instrumentation and wireless communication'.
- Clients have described Alexander as 'very competent and easy to deal with' (MIP Handbook, 2012).
European Patent Attorney
Chartered UK Patent Attorney
IP Litigator - Patent
PhD (Computational Neuroscience) - University College London (2002)
Msci (Physics) - Imperial College London (1998)
Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
The Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
European Patent Litigators Association (EPLIT)
European Business Angel Network (EBAN) - Member of the Law Committee
Institute of Physics
'ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law', International IP Legal Updates, Volume 2, Issue 1, April 2016
'C.I.P.A. Patents Training Manual', Contributing Editor
‘The unitary patent and the Unified Patent Court - an update’, Intellectual Property Magazine, February 2015
‘Is the UPC all hot air?’, Intellectual Property Magazine, November 2014
... an "exceptional attorney who we trust to handle our IP matters"
Chambers and Partners