We are seeking a Events Executive to manage the pipeline and logistics for all firm events (internal, external, virtual, and hybrid). This role will work within the Marketing and Business Development (MBD) team, liaising strongly with our Office Services team, regional offices, and practice groups, to source, organise, execute, and drive follow-up for the firm’s events, wherever they may take place. This includes roundtables, conferences, sponsorships, receptions and networking events, social events, as well as managing and maintaining the firm’s global event calendar. This role will be based in London, but supporting events in the UK, the US, and the Netherlands. Travel or evening work will be required on occasion.
The total compensation and reward package will be excellent.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the planning, strategy and execution for firm external and internal client events. This includes all stages of event lifecycle such as: initial analysis, vision and research, working with key event stakeholders, negotiating with vendors, project management, AV and production, communications, logistics, post-event follow up and metrics, etc.
- For internal events, manage setup (include name badges, room setup, catering, etc), run-throughs, logistics, coordination between Business Support teams and stakeholders. Ensure a follow-up process is adhered to with MBD. Get us ready for whatever events are taking place in our office space. This will require some physical work and out of hours working.
- For external events, project manage the event list, which can span client events, client meetings/socials, and conferences, and project manage all components. Coordinate distribution of invitations and manage RSVPs with practice group executives. Ensure a follow-up process is adhered to with MBD.
- For virtual events, coordinate setup, run-throughs, logistics, coordination between MBD and stakeholders. Ensure a follow-up process is adhered to with MBD.
- For hybrid events, working with MBD, Office Service and IT toward a seamless and slick process resulting in a superior guest experience whether they are attending virtually or in person.
- Travel (occasionally) to manage events onsite, as needed.
- Ensure that events are executed with best practices in mind and within firm strategy, message, budget, brand and culture.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of events, including managing event budgets, lead generation and other defined ROI metrics with other members of the MBD team. Work with MBD to report trends over time on attendees, etc.
- Maintain the firm’s central events’ calendar and promote this through internal comms channels
- Build and evolve a vendor list, which reflects on-brand global and regional vendors and suppliers to be used for events in our target areas.
- Collaborate with MBD to ensure that event processes are reflected within the firm’s project management tool, website, webinar platform, email marketing and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to interface with external and internal clients and key stakeholders around the world.
- Provide additional support to special projects and assignments for the wider MBD team, as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role will have previous experience in an events role, preferably in a legal or other professional services firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in IP is a plus. The candidate will love building relationships, be curious, a great communicator and be able to stay calm under any pressure that might come their way. We want someone who is all about client satisfaction.
Candidates must have a good academic record and superior communications skills (both written and oral). They’ll possess excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, including the ability to work effectively with robust and varied personalities at all levels.
It is essential that they be passionate, results and detail oriented, and focused on meeting deadlines. In addition, must be a confident written and oral communicator and presenter, happy to work directly with partners and present to a wider audience, as required.
Successful candidates will be bright and sparky, presentable, warm, have a sense of humour, attention to detail and love hard work. The will be able to display a responsible, flexible can-do approach to all work duties with passion, pride to attain high levels of customer delivery. A team player who is also a self-starter who can get on with the job independently and produce a superior quality of work will be very valued.
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, event management, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- A mind for finance to ensure invoices are correct and paid on-time.
- Happy to work with teams across various locations and time zones and working outside of the regular 9-5. Strong multitasking skills and the ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations requiring adherence to tight deadlines.
- Client service oriented with the aptitude to address internal and external clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to quickly develop a strong working knowledge of the firm, its services, and its clients and their industry sectors.
- Highly analytical, organized and detail oriented.
- Independently driven, resourceful, proactive and self-motivated with a "make it happen" mindset and excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- High proficiency with project management systems, CRM, social media platforms, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); knowledge of event management systems, InDesign and Adobe Creative and Marketing Cloud a plus.