You’ll know the patent and trade mark attorney sector is unusual.
Kilburn & Strode stands out even in this unusual sector.
As one of the top patent and trade mark attorney firms in Europe, we enjoy high praise high praise
in all the leading guides to our sector. We also act for some of the world’s most creative and innovative companies: Amgen, Janssen, Boeing, Honeywell... and others
But some things really mark us out. Although we’ve been around for over 100 years, we look forward not back. We have a vision, a strategy and a strategic plan for the next few years. We’re rare in looking for and bringing real change to our firm and our sector. Here are some examples…
- We’re the only European firm with attorneys in San Francisco, bringing us closer to our clients and contacts in the Bay Area. Our plan is to expand this offering, with attorneys in Boston.
- While our origins are in London, three years ago we started a push in the Netherlands. We have a growing and energetic team there and the ambition of becoming a top-tier firm over the course of our current plan.
- We were the first firm in our sector to embrace agile and flexible working, giving everyone in our organisation the technology and trust to work flexibly (even before the pandemic hit).
- When in our main office, we enjoy an unusual and innovative space with lots of different settings suited to the different tasks we do during the day – all underpinned by a considered design philosophy.
- Everyone in our organisation can take a three-month sabbatical to explore something they’re passionate about.
- We’re the only firm in our sector that donates 1% of all annual profits to our own charitable foundation – Innovation for All.
- We’re committed to diversity and inclusion. We’re founder members of IP Inclusive. We have an active diversity forum of colleagues. We ask for diverse shortlists from recruiters. We’ve helped set the agenda around promoting women in our sector.
- We’re committed to be the best place to work that we can. In the most recent The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For survey, we were the top-placed patent and trade mark attorney firm and rated as ‘outstanding’.
- We’ve signed the ‘Time to Change’ pledge, committing to end the stigma of mental health in the workplace. We have mental health first aiders – together with more usual first aiders – in our firm.
We know that our reputation as a firm is based entirely on the quality of the individuals who work here. That’s why we’ve always been uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game, but who also share our enthusiasm and outlook. We constantly work to deliver the best total reward package in our sector and are a step ahead in flexible working, parental leave and our unrivalled training programmes.
Everyone at Kilburn & Strode should live our values in everything they do: Think Creatively, Take responsibility, Build relationships, Respect others, and Excel!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fully qualified patent attorney in the field of Chemistry to join a team of over 40 trainee and qualified attorneys. You will be supported and helped to grow in this role, as necessary, by a close team of expert practitioners.
We welcome applications to join us in either London or the Netherlands, both full and part-time.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified European patent attorney with up to 3 years post qualification experience. We also expect either a UK or a Dutch qualification.
- Technically astute, with the ability to quickly understand any chemistry subject matter. Experience in a variety of chemical fields, including pharmaceuticals and commercially important, industrial chemistry cases would be a bonus.
- Commercially minded, client focussed and have superb relationship building ability.
- Ambitious to develop their EPO opposition and appeal skills.
- Able to work closely with direct clients and take responsibility for their own caseload.
- Looking to develop their career and grow their practice.
The opportunity to join a creative and supportive team with a clear path for career progression.
The role also provides the opportunity for autonomy, agile working, and flexibility.
Working for a firm that lives and breathes it’s values and strives to create a positive working environment and culture.
Extremely competitive total rewards package.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply now or send an up to date copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org