After graduating with an Honours Degree in Engineering from Cambridge, Nigel became a Partner of the firm in 1980. He deals with a wide range of patent and design work in the mechanical and general engineering fields, in particular automotive engineering, container closures and dispensers and heavy engineering and is constantly involved in the drafting of applications and associated advice and opposition work. He also has a large trademark practice and has substantial experience in trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings worldwide.
Nigel has lived in Germany for a while and is a frequent visitor to Germany both for German clients and on German/European matters for a variety of other clients. He is also frequently involved with the day-to-day problems of validity, infringement, registrability and licensing of trademarks, both in the UK and abroad.
Nigel has received the following industry recognition, which demonstrate his depth of experience and understanding of the sector:
- 'Nigel Jennings is well versed in the management of global portfolios, especially in Europe and Asia' – The World Trade Mark Review’s WTR 1000, 2015
- Managing IP has recognised Nigel as an 'IP Star' for Trade Marks in their 2016 and 2014 IP Stars guide.
- Nigel has also been acknowledged in The Client Choice Awards 2015 in the category of Intellectual Property: Patents for the UK.
- World Trademark Review's WTR 1000, 2012 describes Nigel as'meticulous and attentive' and 'understands from the outset what clients’ businesses need and provides straightforward, insightful advice.'
- The Legal 500, 2011 edition recognises Nigel as 'extremely clear in explaining issues and the possible solutions.'
Intellectual Property Litigation Certificate
Chartered UK Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Registered UK Trademark Attorney
European Trade Mark Attorney
M.A. (Engineering) - University of Cambridge
Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA)
The Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPI)
Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (ITMA)