Kilburn & Strode is one of Europe’s leading firms of patent and trade mark attorneys. We hire the best people and we do excellent work for the world’s most innovative organisations
We deal with all aspects of trademarks, designs and patents. We work for a broad range of clients from major international corporations through to SME’s.
Everything flows from our people: we encourage a culture of working together and every member of our team is equally respected. We really understand our clients’ points-of-view to give them an excellent experience, creating a friendly and innovative culture where like-minded people want to train and work.
We know that our reputation as a firm is based entirely on the quality of the individuals who work here. That’s why we’ve always been uncompromising in seeking out people who are not only at the top of their game but who also share our enthusiasm and outlook. We constantly work to deliver the best total reward package in our sector and are a step ahead in flexible working, and our bespoke in-house business skills training programme.
Everyone at Kilburn & Strode should share and demonstrate our values in everything they do here: Think Creatively, Take responsibility, Build relationships, Respect others, and Excel!
The Team and the role
We have an internationally renowned and award-winning Trade Marks team. In London we have a team of 30 and our team of 4 in the Netherlands works closely with them to provide a seamless European service to clients, both within the region and worldwide.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a fully qualified trade mark attorney to join our Trade Marks team in the Netherlands. Primarily from Hilversum our Dutch team provides clients with deep expertise in trade mark clearance and prosecution, portfolio management, anti-counterfeiting, copyright, designs and enforcement.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- work for a wide variety of national and international clients
- lead on your own client and BD initiatives
- own you career, supported by a close team of expert practitioners
- Join a friendly, creative and supportive international and diverse team
- Help further grow the team and client base in the Netherlands and beyond.
- Ideally you will have circa 2+ years post qualified BMM trade mark experience but we are also keen to hear from experienced individuals who have already started to establish a client base and are looking for a new platform to further their career. We would also be open to hearing from qualified lawyers who would be looking to work in a dedicated Trade Marks team within our IP firm
- A solid background working solely in Trade Marks
- Experience leading on a full range of trade mark matters including: opposition work, trade mark clearance, filing and prosecution, dispute resolution, portfolio management, anti-counterfeiting, and enforcement.
- Educated to undergraduate / Master’s degree level in a relevant field or with equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Up-to-date knowledge of Benelux / EUIPO / International Trade Mark procedures
- Be client focussed and have superb relationship building ability
- Confident working autonomously and taking responsibility for your own caseload
- Outstanding accuracy and use of Dutch (spoken, written, spelling, grammar)
- Outstanding accuracy and use of English (spoken, written, spelling, grammar)
- Confident presentation skills both to external clients as well as internally
We aren’t committed to diversity because it’s “good for business” or because it’s the “right thing to do.” We’re committed because it makes our firm a superb place to work. Whatever your background, you’re welcome here because we love the creativity that difference brings.
All candidates will be treated on their merits regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, disability, or socio-economic background.
We can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re interested in applying for the role, please email your CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org