Following recent confirmation that the UPC will begin operations on 1 June 2023, are you ready to embrace the new system? Or is the risk of pan-European revocation keeping you up at night? Decisions are needed now on whether we participate or opt-out – we’re here to help with these.
In this webinar, we’ll take a look at all things UPC through a life sciences lens. Does the mantra “if in doubt, opt it out” apply only to our business critical composition of matter patents, the whole portfolio, or somewhere in-between? Does the new system offer any advantages unique to life sciences companies?
Here, we offer a toolkit of strategic factors to consider when deciding whether to take the plunge with this new legal forum, as well as practical tips.
- strategic factors to consider when examining life sciences patents and portfolios: whether or not to opt out;
- a practical run-through of potential outcomes of different opt-out strategies;
- tips on avoiding the jurisdiction of the UPC;
- other life sciences specific considerations, such as SPCs; and
- Q&A: this system is new to us all and we’d love to hear your thoughts.
We hope you’ll be able to join us.