Carrollanne was named one of the World’s leading 250 Women in IP by Managing Intellectual Property.
Having been called as a barrister, Carrollanne spent a year in pupillage with a Queen's Counsel specialising in intellectual property. She moved then into industry, first in-house at Rothmans International working on both luxury goods and tobacco products, and later on to 'The Body Shop'. Finally she moved into private practice, and describes this transition as 'poacher turned gamekeeper'. She joined Kilburn & Strode in 2000 and heads the firm's prominent Trade Marks Group.
Carrollanne is experienced in all aspects of trade mark prosecution and enforcement both in the UK and abroad. Her experience in-house makes her particularly aware of the commercial and practical needs of her clients. She has given lectures and presentations at various professional seminars and at the Institute of Directors, and appeared on television and radio discussing IP issues. She is a member of INTA and the American Bar Association. Carrollanne is listed in Legal Media Group's 'Trade Mark Law Practitioners" and in "Leading Women in Business Law'. She was shortlisted in Euromoney Legal Media Group's European Women in Business Law Awards in the 'Best in Trademark' category.
Carrollanne works as part of our integrated European team and splits her time between our London and Hilversum offices.
Carrollanne has been ranked in the top tier of UK individuals for ‘prosecution and strategy’ in The World Trade Mark Review's WTR 1000 for the last five years. Carrollanne's range of accolades demonstrate her depth of experience and understanding of the sector:
- Carrollanne is noted, by Chambers and Partners 2018, for her specialisation in trade mark prosecution, commercialisation and dispute resolution. Clients say she 'gives really good advice.'
- Carrollanne has been recognised by The Legal 500 2018 as leading the team and recently advised on filing new trade marks in the UK.
- Carrollanne was ranked by Chambers and Partners 2018 as a 'Band 1 Trade Mark Attorney' in the UK. The publication quotes interviewees who state ‘She is very good - pragmatic and sensible to deal with’.
- Carrollanne Lindley was commended for being ‘responsive and personable’ as well as ‘experienced in all aspects of trade mark prosecution and enforcement both in the UK and abroad’. - The Legal 500, 2017
- Carrollanne’s ‘succinct advice is commercially sound and she has an encyclopaedic knowledge of trademark registry rules and procedures that you won’t find in others – when you ask her a question, she immediately knows the answer’. - WTR 1000, 2017
- Carrollanne is noted as a ‘first-class' trade mark attorney and a direct quote from a client states ‘She combines a business-focused approach with technical skill and an ability to deliver out-of-the-box solutions.’ - Chambers and Partners, 2017
- WTR 1000 2016, in ranking Carrollanne top tier, interviewed brand owners who quoted 'She’s the only trademark attorney I’ve seen who produces quick, concise and helpful reports in language that can easily be understood' and 'She is extremely generous with her time and knowledgeable, and those are great traits to have on the prosecution side. Her work ethic is astonishing and she goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you get the best service.'
- 'Carrollanne Lindley leads the firm's acclaimed trade mark practice and is sought after by household-name clients for her advice and representation. Sources say she is ‘a favourite contact for trade mark filing and portfolio issues".' - Chambers and Partners, 2016
- Managing IP has recognised Carrollanne as an 'IP Star' for Trade Marks in their 2014, 2015 and 2016 IP Stars guides.
- Carrollanne 'boasts valuable past experience as a barrister and as general counsel with multinational corporates' - The World Trade Mark Review's WTR 1000, 2015.
- “Carrollanne Lindley is an ‘excellent’ trade mark attorney who advises on trade mark enforcement and prosecution” – Chambers and Partners, 2015
- "… 'strong' IP licensing expert Carrollanne Lindley heads an 'impressive' trade mark practice which had a strong year on both the transactional and opposition fronts.'" (The Legal 500, 2014). Carrollanne has also been 'recommended' individually.
- 'Carrollanne Lindley’s remit is growing substantially, with an increasing number of big hitters seeking out her considerable contentious nous.' - The World Trade Mark Review's WTR 1000, 2014.
- "Carrollanne Lindley provides 'excellent assistance' to clients in the trade mark arena, with sources praising her 'practical advice and concise and informative responses.'" - Chambers and Partners, 2014.
- "'The brilliant' Carrollanne Lindley is 'exceptionally helpful and knows clients businesses back to front'"- The World Trade Mark Review's WTR 1000, 2013.
- Chambers UK, 2013 acknowledge Carrollanne as 'the fount of all knowledge' and that she 'always goes the extra mile.'
European Trade Mark Attorney
Chartered Trade Mark Attorney (UK)
Registered Trade Mark Agent (Ireland)
IP Litigator - Trade Mark
AKC (Associate of Kings College)
International Trademark Association (INTA)
American Bar Association (ABA)
Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)
C. Lindley, LL. Neale 'Managing a trade mark portfolio' - Kilburn & Strode, Lexis Nexis, (2017)
C. Lindley, LL. Neale 'Guidance on the correct use of trade marks in a business - checklist' - Kilburn & Strode, Lexis Nexis, (2017)